Valum Votan: Ascended Master of the New Time. Archetypal Father of Dreamspell and the 13 Moon Calendar. Visionary Mayanist Author.
- José Argüelles – Valum Votan
- Date of Birth (Alpha): 24 January, 1939 (Kasson, Minnesota, United States).
- Dreamspell: Kin 11, Blue Spectral Monkey. Wavespell of the Dragon.
- Maya Tzolkin: 10 Chikchan (Planetary Serpent, Kin 205)
- Unified Kin: Dreamspell Kin 11 + Maya Tzolkin Kin 205 = Kin 216 (Galactic Warrior, Wavespell of the Moon).
- Ascension Date (Omega): 23rd of March, 2011 (Kin 89, Red Spectral Moon, Wavespell of the Storm. Maya Tzolkin 2 Imix – Kin 41).
- Ascension Codes: Dreamspell (Alpha Birth Kin 11 + Omega Death Kin 89 = Kin 100 Solar Sun). Maya Tzolkin (Alpha Birth 10 Chicchan + Omega Death 2 Imix = 12 Kimi = Kin 246).
- 1981-2002 Author of: “The Art Planet Chronicles: The Making of the Fifth Ring” (1981), “Earth Ascending: An Illustrated Treatise on the Law Governing Whole Systems” (1984), “The Mayan Factor – Path Beyond Technology” (1987), “Surfers of the Zuvuya – Tales of Interdimensional Travel” (1988), “The Arcturus Probe: Tales and Reports of an Ongoing Investigation” (1992), “The Call of Pacal Votan – Time is the Fourth Dimension” (1996), “Pacal Votan and Judgement Day” (1996), “A Complete Guide to the Rinri Project” (1997), “The 260 Postulates of the Dynamics of Time” (1997), “Principia Mathematica of the Fourth Dimension” (1997), “The 20 Tablets of the Law of Time” (1997), “7:7::7:7 Telektonon Revelation” (1998), “Time and the Technosphere” (2002). (Full Bibliography on Tortuga 13:20 Library)
- 1981-2002 Co-author of: “Dreamspell: the Journey of Timeship Earth” (1990-1991), “Thirteen Moon Calendar” (1990), “The Discovery of the Law of Time. T(E)=Art” (1989-1996), “Thirteen Moons in Motion: A Dreamspell Primer” (1992), “Telektonon of Pacal Votan” (1993-1994), “Telektonon: The Game of Prophecy” (1994-1995), “The Galactic Culture Master Plan” (1996), “First Planetary Congress of Biospheric Rights” (1996), “28 Meditations on the Law of Time” (1999), “Calendar Reform and the Future of Civilization” (1999), amongst others. (Full Bibliography at Tortuga 13:20 Library)
1981-2002 Co-founder of: the Harmonic Convergence, the Planet Art Network, the World Thirteen Moon Calendar Change Peace Movement, the Day Out of Time, the Foundation for the Law of Time, the Rinri Project, the Invisible College, the Earth Wizards Seminaries, amongst others.
Historical Official Biography (1996-2002)
From the historical web pages of the Invisible College EarthAscending.com and ThirteenMoon.org
Dr. José Argüelles, messenger of the new time, born in 1939, received his Ph.D. in Art History and Aesthetics from the University of Chicago in 1969. His distinguished career as an educator began at Princeton University in 1966, and continued for the next 23 years at the University of California, Davis, The Evergreen State College, The NaropaInstitute, San Francisco State University, the San Francisco Institute ofArt, the University of Colorado, Denver, and the Union Graduate School.
His pioneering books, translated into many languages, are the result of his own artistic activity and scientific investigations into whole systems: Mandala (co-author, 1972), Charles Henry and the Formation of a Psychophysical Aesthetic (1972), The Transformative Vision (1975, 1992), The Feminine Spaciousas the Sky (co-author, 1977), Earth Ascending: An Illustrated Treatise onthe Law Governing Whole Systems (1984, 1988, 1996), The Mayan Factor (1987), Surfers of the Zuvuya (1988), The Call of Pacal Votan, Time is the Fourth Dimension (1996), and The Arcturus Probe, Tales and Reports of an Ongoing Investigation (1996).
As one of the original founders of Earth Day (First Whole Earth Festival, Davis, California, 1970), Argüelles is a lifelong activist for peace and the planetary transformation of consciousness. With his wife and partner, Lloydine, they founded the Planet Art Network (1983), promoting the revival of the Nicholas Roerich Peace Pact and Banner of Peace (1935). Working with prophetic information received from Tony Shearer in 1970, Argüelles distilled his lifelong study of the mathematics and prophecies of the Mayan Calendar into the Harmonic Convergence, August 16-17, 1987, global meditation and planetary peace event.
Following his unraveling of the Mayan calendar code in his international bestseller, The Mayan Factor (1987), with Lloydine, he continued his scientific and mathematical investigation of the codes underlying the Mayan calendar system of ancient Central America. The result of their joint research was the discovery of the Law of Time, based on defining the 12:60 and 13:20 timing frequencies, and the production of tools and proofs of the mathematics of fourth-dimensional time: The Thirteen Moon Calendar (1990) and Thirteen Moons in Motion (1992); Dreamspell: the Journey of Timeship Earth 2013 (1991); Telektonon (1994); The Thirteen Moon Calendar Change Peace Plan (1995); The 260 Postulates of the Dynamics of Time (1996); The 20 Tablets of the Law of Time (1997); and the 7:7::7:7 Telektonon Revelation (1998).
To implement the discovery of the Law of Time, the Arguelles’ founded the World Thirteen Moon Calendar Change Peace Movement (1993) to whose cause the Argüelles’ have both devoted their lives. As Planetary Peace pilgrims they have delivered their message around the world, including the Vatican and the United Nations. They have convened: the First Planetary Congress of Biospheric Rights (Brazil, 1996), the Four Corners Boundary Dissolving Ceremony (USA, 1996); the First World Peace (Mexico, 1996); the World Congress on the Law of Time (Japan, 1997); the First Gathering of Peace for the Universal Religion (Italy, 1998); and this summer, The World Summit on Peace and Time (Costa Rica, 1999).
1996-2002 Planet Art History Sources: The Invisible College at EarthAscending.com & Thirteenmoon.org
Official Auto-Biography (1981-1996)
In 1996, José Argüelles wrote his very own Auto-Biography in the Afterword Chapter of his book “The Planet Art Chronicles” (written in 1981). Unfortunately, the Afterword was removed from the re-publication of this book in 2014. Read it here >
José Argüelles – It’s About Time!
Historical video of José Valum Votan at The Whole Earth Festival. By Pure Heart Video.
José Argüelles co-founded The Whole Earth Festival – held in Davis, California, every year on Mother’s Day – as a University of California class ‘art happening’ in 1969. It is entirely staffed by volunteers, and Free for everyone to attend.
Here, José and Lloydine Argüelles address the 28th Whole Earth Festival on Yellow Resonant Human Day (May 10th 1998). Introducción at 00:00 with José and Lloydine, Flute and Invocation (Prayer of the Seven Galactic Directions). At 05:00 the talk “It’s about Time” dictated by José Argüelles.
The Morning Session:
Also check out:
Teotihuacan – Countdown to 2012 (Teaching in Spanish)
- The Discovery of the Law of TIme. By José and Lloydine Argüelles.
- Tortuga 13:20 Blog. All entries related to Valum Votan.
- About Valum Votan & Bolon Ik (José and Lloydine Argüelles)
- About Lloydine Burris (Argüelles) – Bolon Ik Archetype
- Tortuga 13:20 Library Publications by José Argüelles and with Lloydine Argüelles between 1981-2002
In Lak’ech ❤